Handling Under or Over Subscriptions for Specific Fundraising Appeals:
If MTCC makes a specific purpose appeal and some or all of the money raised cannot be applied to the original purpose for reasons beyond MTCC’s control (for example the appeal is oversubscribed or under-subscribed), it is MTCC’s intention that the money unable to be used for the original purpose will be applied to a similar project.
Guide to Handling Complaints and/or Grievances.
Mount Tamborine Conference Centre (MTCC) accepts that complaint/grievance handling is a predictable and necessary part of the Mission that it delivers. Errors, misunderstandings, client dissatisfaction and unexpected problems occur in all such systems. Complaint handling can be effective in resolving a problem before it becomes worse, providing a remedy to a client who has suffered disadvantage, and nurturing good relations between MTCC and its Membership, between MTCC and its Personnel and between MTCC and its Beneficiaries. Complaints may also provide MTCC with information about program weaknesses and service delivery faults. Good administration involves regular review of existing programs, and the lessons learnt from complaints can feed into that process.
These 5 Guidelines deal with how MTCC approaches complaints or negative feedback about its Mission delivery and involve five key elements:
- Culture. Our aim is to serve our Members, Personnel and Beneficiaries to the best of our ability. We accept that we are not perfect. We value complaints and feedback as a means of identifying and understanding how we can do things better. We are committed to achieving our Vision and Mission while keeping the love of our neighbour in mind.
2. Principles. Our complaints and feedback system is modeled on biblical principles, including humility, fairness, accessibility, responsiveness, efficiency, and in all things remembering that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).
All serious complaints will be investigated with complete impartiality by a Personnel member or Board member who is not personally involved in the issues, or by an external consultant or adviser. Each complaint will be assessed on its own merits. As far as possible confidentiality and privacy will be maintained and we will be transparent in reporting back results to those offended as quickly as reasonably possible. It is our aim to resolve all complaints as quickly and efficiently as possible. For example, if they can be resolved over the phone at the time they are made, we will do so.
We will not victimise or treat any person adversely because they have made a complaint. There is no financial charge for making a complaint. If you have special needs (eg. non-English speaking background or a physical impairment), please let us know and we will do our best to assist you.
You may initiate a complaint or feedback by email, letter or telephone call – see the contact details below. If you wish to make your complaint or provide feedback anonymously, it will still receive our genuine attention, although of course we will be unable to report back or seek further information which may be able to assist us in dealing with any issue. We are happy to deal directly with you, or through a parent, guardian, friend, advocate or adviser.
3. People. Our complaints handling will be undertaken in a skilled and professional manner.
We take complaints and feedback seriously. All serious complaints will be handled by our CEO, unless it is inappropriate for him or her to do so, eg due to absence or a lack of independence, in which case another senior Personnel member or a Board member will handle it. In matters of great significance, we may outsource the handling of a complaint to an external adviser or consultant, to whom we will give complete co-operation.
4. Process. Our complaints handling process involves seven stages – acknowledgment, assessment, planning, investigation, response, review, and consideration of systemic issues.
- We will acknowledge each complaint promptly and give you the contact details of the person handling the complaint, ideally within 2 business days. If we have not finalised your complaint within 7 days after that, we will contact you to report our progress.
- We will assess the complaint and assign it priority.
- If investigation is required, we will plan how the investigation is to be carried out.
- We will investigate all relevant factual issues and then review the complaint in light of those facts. We will then consider options for complaint resolution.
- We will contact you to discuss the complaint. In doing so we will inform you of the relevant facts we have identified and ask you to comment and/or give us any other relevant information you may have. We will then discuss with you how we propose to resolve the complaint. If we were wrong or have acted inappropriately, we will apologise.
- If you are not satisfied with the proposed resolution, our Board Chair will review the position, and we will contact you appropriately. If you are still not satisfied, and we believe that there are genuine issues involved, we may suggest an externally facilitated mediation via PeaceWise (peacewise.org.au) or similar. Alternatively, you may pursue any other action which you believe is appropriate.
- We will act on any systemic issues that are identified as a result of the complaint or feedback.
5. Analysis. We review information about complaints as part of a continuous process of review and improvement.
We appreciate that complaints and feedback can provide an insight into our programs and services, and may show that they are not working as well as they might. We will use information brought to light by any complaints and feedback to improve our service to our stakeholders:
- by highlighting service failings that need to be remedied; and
- by revealing problems and trends that can be acted on by management.
We will address at Board level any significant issues which are revealed by our complaints handling and feedback procedures.
For Complaint Handling, Contact Details:
Administration Office Telephone: 07 5545 1419
Postal: PO Box 38, Tamborine Mountain, QLD 4272