What is MTCC doing to ensure your upcoming stay, retreat, conference or event is safe?
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests. MTCC has been closely monitoring the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and taking into account Federal and State requirements for accommodation providers.
MTCC has systems and processes in place to ensure we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. MTCC’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications for our sites.
Specific steps MTCC is taking include:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. Soap and paper handtowels are available in all handwashing areas. It’s important for the health of our staff and that of our guests.
- Site Signage: Recommendations regarding Social Distancing, Hand Hygiene and Cough Etiquette are displayed around our site.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training in housekeeping and hygiene protocols, our hospitality staff are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: MTCC monitors the latest news and information for our staff to use to prepare for and respond to COVID-19.
Cleaning Products and Protocols:
We work with our partners and suppliers to make sure MTCC can procure and use virus-killing products approved by the Australian Environmental Protection Agency as well as the protective equipment they need for their operations. MTCC uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch areas.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our staff work “behind the scenes”, MTCC is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like staff entrances, meeting rooms, facilities and staff offices.
Coming Back to MTCC:
As we look forward to your booking and welcoming you onto the site, it’s important to remember some key messages about accommodation, church retreats and camping:
- The highly effective nature of camps in addressing the issues of self-isolation and re-creating strong communities
- There is a low risk of COVID-19 infection at camps as each camp is a closed group
- Value of the outdoors for mental health and general well-being
- Camps are a very safe environment where people are able to re-engage with others and express the challenges they have faced during isolation
You can find out more on our Policies page or click the link to our MTCC – Covid SAFE Risk Register.